Your question was: Tips for a Nutrisystem beginner?.
The main thing to realize is that you are supposed to ADD IN some foods of your own. Most important: veggies!..
There is a guide that will help you, as well as a list of items you can get from the store. you can do this! Just be patient and don't worry! We are all here to help you!..
Planning ahead helps also. When I got my first box, I was so excited that I just looked at the pictures and picked what I wanted like a candy store. However, now I semi-plan what I am going to eat everyday. this helps me keep on track and not deviate. Pat814 suggested putting all the food for each day in lunch bags and marking them. That way you are more organized..
Definitely keep a list of foods that you truly enjoyed and that weren't so thrilling. That way you can customize your orders in the future...
This is some general Newbie Advice:.
1. Clean out your cupboards because a month's worth of food takes up a lot of space. You might as well shove all that other stuff to the side..
2. Here is a basic list of grocery items that will help you out at first. Of course you'll have to tailor it to your likes, but if you are overwhelmed, get these and you'll be fine the first week. Nutrisystem requires you to supplement their food with fruits, veggies, proteins, fats, carbs, and dairy..
Fat Free (FF) yogurt (find some that is 120 calories or lower with at least 7 grams of protein more is better, but no more than 3 grams of fat).
Low fat string cheese.
Turkey deli meat.
Veggies other than potato or corn.
Whole wheat rolls (120 calories or lower).
FF salad dressing (probably 2 kinds).
Lots of salad makings (no croutons).
3. Drink ALL the water. Nutrisystem says at least 48 ounces a day but I'd shoot for 64. Other drinks with no calories, caffeine, or sodium also count as water. Caffeine is allowed, but doesn't count as water..
4. Eat ALL the food. Leaving out any of the add-in servings will slow down your weight loss and is not healthy. A big part of Nutrisystem is learning about proper nutrition and portion control..
5. Weigh only once a week. Weight (espeically in women) fluctuates a lot from day to day. Waiting for a week helps ensure you don't get discouraged. Nutrisystem is NOT a quick diet plan. It is a very healthy way to lose weight slowly while teaching you how to properly fuel your body.
But it DOES work as long as you stay on plan most of the time..
6. This biggest tip to succes on this plan is to hang out on a support board (my favorite is the 50+ Support Group but you can find many others that may be more appropriate for you). It is the perfect way to get support and information and to be a bit more accountable.
7. Exercise is an extremely valuable tool on this program. If you can get even 15 minutes a day in, you'll be on your way. If you can build up from that at least 5 days a week, you'll not only lose faster, but you'll be amazed at how much better it makes you feel physically and emotionally in a very short time. This program works without exercise just more slowly..
8. Have FUN because once the pounds and inches start disappearing, this program is very exciting and your motivation will feed on your success. Good luck and WAY TO GO making such a fantastic choice for better health and fitness. Good for YOU!..