Your question was: Need to lose 50 lbs with Nutrisystem.
Sugar Substitute, low fat or no fat products, drink your water. As hard as it is to do, don't get discouraged when the scale won't move or if it goes up. It happens to all of us and that is the true test. Stay with the program, don't let anyone talk you out of it, or make you feel stupid for "eating that non-food".
When times get tough and you want to give up, come here to the boards and vent and ask questions and rant and rave. You will always find someone who feels or has felt the same way you do. Your not alone in this battle and you will win it...
Way to go making such a great decision to start a journey to better health and fitness! WELCOME!.
This is some general Newbie Advice:.
1. Clean out your cupboards because a month's worth of food takes up a lot of space. You might as well shove all that other stuff to the side..
2. Here is a basic list of grocery items that will help you out at first. Of course you'll have to tailor it to your likes, but if you are overwhelmed, get these and you'll be fine the first week. Nutrisystem requires you to supplement their food with fruits, veggies, proteins, fats, carbs, and dairy..
Fat Free (FF) yogurt (find some that is 120 calories or lower with at least 7 grams of protein more is better, but no more than 3 grams of fat).
Low fat string cheese.
Turkey deli meat.
Veggies other than potato or corn.
Whole wheat rolls (120 calories or lower).
FF salad dressing (probably 2 kinds).
Lots of salad makings (no croutons).
3. Drink ALL the water. Nutrisystem says at least 48 ounces a day but I'd shoot for 64. Other drinks with no calories, caffeine, or sodium also count as water. Caffeine is allowed, but doesn't count as water..
4. Eat ALL the food. Leaving out any of the add-in servings will slow down your weight loss and is not healthy. A big part of Nutrisystem is learning about proper nutrition and portion control..
5. Weigh only once a week. Weight (espeically in women) fluctuates a lot from day to day. Waiting for a week helps ensure you don't get discouraged. Nutrisystem is NOT a quick diet plan. It is a very healthy way to lose weight slowly while teaching you how to properly fuel your body.
But it DOES work as long as you stay on plan most of the time..
6. This biggest tip to succes on this plan is to hang out on a support board (my favorite is the 50+ Support Group but you can find many others that may be more appropriate for you). It is the perfect way to get support and information and to be a bit more accountable.
7. Exercise is an extremely valuable tool on this program. If you can get even 15 minutes a day in, you'll be on your way. If you can build up from that at least 5 days a week, you'll not only lose faster, but you'll be amazed at how much better it makes you feel physically and emotionally in a very short time. This program works without exercise just more slowly..
8. Have FUN because once the pounds and inches start disappearing, this program is very exciting and your motivation will feed on your success. Good luck and WAY TO GO making such a fantastic choice for better health and fitness. Good for YOU!..
Welcome to NS. You will find lost of support and tips here. I have learned so much from other Nutrisystem members about food tips and recipes and I have made many very dear friends here...
Welcome to NS! You'll find all the support and helpful tips you need here in our community! You may want to try posting on other forums as well....Newbies is a good place to meet other beginners and Dietitians Corner provides you with answers to your program questions from our experienced staff..
Questions? We're here to help too! You can contact us at.
Welcome! I'll be starting my 4th week tomorrow, and have been very happy thus far. I'm a picky eater, but have been pleasantly surprised with the majority of the meals...
Welcome to NS. You'll find that this is a great program..
Here is a link to the Tips for Newbies from the Nutrisystem "elders" thread. There is a lot of great advice there for following the program. http://boards.members.nutrisystem.co...d.php?t=166166.
And if you haven't already gone to PamSB's My Page, you should do that and read everything that she has collected there for newcomers to NS. Here's the link for that: .
If you are ever feeling like you need some motivation or a pick me up when the journey gets hard, be sure to check out the Before and After Picture thread. Here you will see the transformations lots of "regular" people have made with NS. It helps me to refocus and to realize that I can do this too. Here's the link for this thread: http://boards.members.nutrisystem.co...d.php?t=125421.
Good luck and welcome to NS!..
Lots of great advice. Thank you !! I'm new and I will succeed...
Welcome Sarah! Michele's advise is "right on" as they say. Also, check out PamSB's page - she has tons of great advice, motivational items and is a big 100lb Nutrisystem loser!.
You can do it! We all know you can as long as You are committed to You!.
I lost 47 lb in 9 months, a steady 1-2 lb/week. I am now 7 lb below my goal and maintaining for about 2 months. I'm never going back!! This new "me" feels and looks to darn good!..